Friday, June 6, 2008

Caroline's Bio

Caroline teaches art in Seattle Public Schools and privately as part of Wonder Art Program www.wonderartprogram.com. She focuses on supporting each child’s creativity by listening intently to their movements and behaviors. This deep listening reveals children’s creative impulses, their hand/brain coordination and their feelings and reactions to life. Caroline cares deeply about her students and their involvement in the creative process.

“My love of creating has brought me to teach; it allows me to sit and relax with children and explore. I am at ease, aware of what is occurring and how the children are feeling. I offer guidance and attention when children need support and most of all allow all experience so children feel safe and inspired.

Besides offering this space, I integrate my knowledge of classical drawing and painting into my teaching; skills in rendering, value and line, color mixing, and spatial relationships. I have a deep respect for the hand eye coordination and knowledge one can develop from studying technique.

My hope for each child that I teach is that they feel inspired, creative and that I can offer them the knowledge they seek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home